REPORTS TO: Manager, Supply Chain Operations
The primary purpose of this job is to ensure an uninterrupted supply of material to plant operations through procuring quality goods and services at the best possible value and lowest inventory position for Viant.
- Adheres to Viant Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Utilizing Oracle ERP system, purchases quality goods and services, at the vest value, ensuring delivery when needed. Escalates issues internally and externally, as needed.
- Develops partnerships with reliable suppliers to ensure continuous product flow, reduced cost, lead-time and continuous improvement.
- Submits and analyzes quotes to select appropriate source.
- Develops partnerships with reliable suppliers to ensure continuous product flow, reduced cost, lead-time, and continuous improvement.
- Submits RFS’s and analyzes quotes to select appropriate source.
- Research, resolve, and prevent AP issues.
- Maintain pricing, LT, and Min/Max levels in Oracle ERP system.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality Engineer to communicate with suppliers on issues of quality and/r delivery.
- Partner with new product teams to proactively involve suppliers and to follow Quality System procedures and to assist with new supplier onboarding procedure.
- Works with the overall Supply Chain organization to leverage corporate spend purchasing through preferred suppliers to meet organization financial objectives.
- Performs other functions as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent Supply Chain experience considered.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment. Metals, MRO, and Component purchasing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Oracle preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Basic understanding of drawings.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Self motivated
- Less than 10%
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.