Accounts Receivable Senior Accountant
Viant is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Senior Accountant to oversee the Advanced Surgical and Orthopedics (“AS&O”) business accounts receivable function. The position will be responsible for proper invoicing within standard policies billing, processing and timely collection of invoices, record keeping and maintaining compliance with standard policies. The AR Senior Accountant will report directly to the Assistant Controller.
The AR Senior Accountant must be an experienced leader and provide excellent customer service. Skills critical to the role include a high attention to detail, excellent organization, superb communication both verbal and written, and an engaged teamwork.
- Build a strong and effective working relationship with external and internal customers, and worldwide Finance team to ensure coordinated management of accounts receivable.
- Primary point of contact for key customers and management of customer portals.
- Responsible for investigating any pricing discrepancies
- Define key metrics and business processes to improve cash collections.
- Receives completed sales orders and verifies accuracy and completeness of required information including current pricing, extensions and discounts applied.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers
- Prepare and maintain financial reports and assist with month end-closing
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual receivable aging reports
- Performs other accounting duties as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelors degree in Business / Accounting is required.
- 7 plus years of accounts receivable experience required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with changing priorities
- Experience with automated accounting systems (ERP), Oracle experience a plus
- Oral and written communication skills and ability to deal with customers and co-workers; interact positively with all levels of associates
- Experience with A/R processing required and G/L accounting experience
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.