Accounts Receivable Representative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Receivable (A/R) professional. Responsibilities of this position include: enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L. You will be handling full-cycle AR, processing a high volume of invoices per week, with high attention to detail.
- Build a strong and effective working relationship with external and internal customers, and worldwide Finance team to ensure coordinated management of accounts receivable.
- Keep records of actions and reconciliations made to accounts for future references
- Customer invoicing, posting, printing and mailing invoices to the customers, uploading invoice’s into customer portals
- Process customer credits
- Cash application to customer accounts (vis checks, ACH, and wires received); accessing bank and remittance information
- Establish good relationships with our customer so that any issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Assist with cash collections as needed
- Compiles and maintains accurate and complete records ensuring company invoices are billed
- Research any short payments, working with customers
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Prepare and maintain financial reports and assist with month end-closing
- Reconciliation of A/R sub-ledger with general ledger
- Inter-company accounts receivable reconciliations, including correspondence and confirmation with inter-company partners
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 – 5 years of accounts receivable experience required
- Associates degree in business/accounting a plus
- Must have worked in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Must be task-oriented and able to follow standardized work instructions in a structured environment
- Must be flexible with changing priorities as they arise
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision
- Experience with automated accounting systems (ERP), Oracle experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player
- Oral and written communication skills and ability to deal with customers and co-workers; interact positively with all levels of associates
- Experience with A/R processing required and G/L accounting experience a plus.
- Organizational skills and ability to work independently with changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel software and excellent data entry skills required.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.