The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the general accounting function. The Manager oversees the completion of general ledger accounting and financial statements. Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and the overall goals of Viant Medical.
The Accounting Manager supervises a general ledger team. In addition to day-to-day management, the Manager is a key player in the annual audit and collaboration across all parts of Viant Medical financial systems. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Direct Accounting team in managing the month-end financial close process, and work with the Assistant Controller to review journal entries, and all other balance sheet account reconciliations, and analysis of accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial reporting for the ASO business
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting entries and financial data
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reporting
- Coach, mentor, and oversee the accounting team on day-to-day tasks and deliverables
- Work closely with department heads to support their needs and growth
- Assist with technical accounting research, and documentation of new policies and procedures
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of provided-by-client schedules and reports for the annual audit
- Interact with external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided in a timely manner
- Participate in cross-functional projects to drive overall enhancements and improvements for the Company
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA in good standing strongly preferred
- 7+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Industry experience in manufacturing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions including pivot tables, V-Lookup
- Experience using an Oracle ERP systems strongly preferred
- Prior experience implementing an ERP system is a plus
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.