3rd Shift Supervisor
Supervise shift personnel and confirm compliance with current production and quality processes and procedures. Also responsible for facilitating training, scheduling, and evaluating manufacturing and assembly operators, cell leaders, and assigned staff. Monitor all machines and automation to ensure continuous and efficient operation and report and follow up on all issues affecting production levels and part quality. Monitor staff to ensure adherence to ISO quality and clean room procedures. Under the direction of the Production Manager, this position is responsible for effectively executing the job responsibilities below as well as supervising the job responsibilities of Operators, Process Tech I, Process Tech II, and Material Handler.
the Shift Supervisor has the responsibility and authority to:
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Shift Supervisor has the responsibility and authority to:
- Make decisions regarding job assignments, work priorities, and overtime requirements
- Complete change-overs, processing, and monitoring of presses
- Resolve shift staffing issues; ensure that production schedule requirements are met
- Coach and/or counsel individuals for unacceptable performance relating to safety, quality, productivity and/or inappropriate behaviors to include disciplinary action if required to resolve performance issue
- Ensure the shift maintains quality standards and follows expectations
- Ensure product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards
- Provide leadership and direction to associates to continuously improve quality, reduce waste, and increase throughput
- Supervise responsibilities outlined in Operators, Process Tech I and II, and Material Handler job descriptions
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Previous supervisory or leadership skills, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of leading manufacturing and assembly teams; able to lead by example and demonstrate personal accountability
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level
- Function effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented business environment
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Quality conscious and customer oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook; Internet research skills
- Previous training in Lean process improvement methods a plus
- Management or technical degree preferred
- Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate a combination of experience, training, and education to fulfill all duties and responsibilities of the position
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as:
- Preparing and analyzing data and figures
- Viewing a computer screen
- Extensive reading
- Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operating machines
- Using measurement devices
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
- Worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, or exposure to chemicals.
Position locations: Fremont, CA
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.